Saturday, March 9, 2013

Crafty Part 3

I tried to do some more candle votives tonight. I did one for fun to see how it would turn out, and the other was more or less practice but I tried to make it for Brandon's Mom. Her birthday was a few days ago but I won't see her until Monday so it is my belated birthday gift to her. 

This is the first one. I tried making dots with hot glue and then I took them off after painting. I think I kind of like it better with the dots on.



This is the votive I did for Brandon's Mom. Her favorite color is blue and she loves butterflies, so I tried making a butterfly stencil and then removing it to reveal the inside of the candle votive. It needs some touch ups but I think it turned out alright. The paint coat is a bit uneven, you can see it on the inside. Honestly, again, I think it looks better with the glue on.


No comments:

Post a Comment