Saturday, February 22, 2014

PCOS

So for the past few years now, I have actually been having some menstrual problems, (I know this is all what you wanted to read today), and I have been to the doctor before to try and figure out what was going on and tried different things, but today, I finally went to the Gynecologist. I found out I actually have something called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. My gynecologist is putting me on something to regulate my menstrual cycle for now, however, one of the problems that come with PCOS is difficulty conceiving later on in life.

When I went in today I was extremely worried I was going to be told that I couldn't have children. I'm very relieved to find out that that is not the case. 

That being said, there's basically three options.

1. I can have children with no problem.
2. I require medical assistance whenever I want to have children

or

3. I can't have children.

While I'm relieved that I still have a chance, I'm still not sure what will happen. I am glad, though, that I finally know what is going on with my body. 

P.S. 
I really want to have a baby girl someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment