Monday, January 6, 2014

Winter Woes

I have been working at the college bookstore again this semester, and, just like last semester, I love it. They have been giving me more responsibility which makes me feel great and I've been really excited for it. This week I was supposed to work 8 hours Monday-Friday. A full-time shift! I would be working 37 hours! On top of being trusted with that responsibility I was excited for the money I would be able to make and save for the apartment. 

Unfortunately, due to the horrible weather we've just received (2 feet of snow, -20 degree wind-chills, etc.), the college, therefore my job, got cancelled for today, tomorrow, AND Wednesday! 

I'm so bummed! 

I'm alright with not having to stand on my feet for 8 hours in shoes that have absolutely no support; but, I am very upset that I don't get to save up the money I would have gotten. I really needed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment