Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Freeing Anonymous

A few years ago I found a turtle on the sidewalk near our towns middle school. I picked it up so it wouldn't get trampled and took it home. I named it Anonymous because at the time I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, or anything about turtles. I eventually found out it was a painted turtle and a boy. About a week ago, I released Anonymous in a friend of the family's pond. I hope he makes lots of friends and has a big family. Here are some pictures of Anonymous. I'm going to miss you, but will always love you. <3

This was taken the day I found Anonymous. 
I asked Anonymous to come up for a moment so I could take a picture. He gladly obliged. 
 I was having a heart to heart chat with Anonymous before I let him go.


 This is me letting him go and him running to freedom.



1 comment:

  1. Great, great photos and a good decision. A hard, heartbreaking one, but a good one for Anonymous. And yes, I understand we will never know that for sure.

    Thanks for blogging about it.

    ReplyDelete